Well, it’s been awhile since I’ve sat down and posted anything. That doesn’t mean that there hasn’t been interesting things happening. Quite the contrary. There’s been lots of things happening, but I just have not taken the time to type it out.
So, let’s list out a few things that have happened since my last post:
- I’ve been thinking about this blog a lot and how I want it to look in the future
- Went to Dale Hollow Lake (Willow Grove Resort, Tennessee) for Memorial Day weekend – it was awesome
- Got my garden planted
- Got poison ivy REALLY bad!
- Went to Ouray, Colorado, rented a Jeep, did some 4-wheeling, saw the most beautiful views and scenery – all in 4 days, 7 hours, and 11 minutes!
- Learned about using table variables at work – @table – and found this awesome article that helped a lot!
- Have made several hundred changes to almost all of the fields in the UI (user interface) screens at work, resulting in a dramatic decrease in server load (I can’t take credit for the idea, but I did do the legwork to make it all work)
- Harvested first fruits of the garden
- Wrote more than a few SQL scripts to delete bad data and update with the good information (out with the bad, in with the good)
- Lots of rain in June (and July too actually), bad for the tomatoes, good for the grass
And so, now it is July 23!