Software testing tools – just the bare-bones basics…
- Test plan – this is a test specification. Knowing that a car will be tested to drive at a speed of 60 miles per hour helps the developers of the car to design it in such a way that it does indeed drive at a speed of 60 miles per hour.
- Test script – this is a piece of programming code that replicates user actions.
- Traceability matrix – this is a table that is used to change tests when source documents are changed
- Test case – this is a defined input with an expected result.
- Test suite – this is a term used for the collection of test cases, often including more detailed instructions or goals.
- Test harness – software, tools, samples of data input and output, and configurations are collectively known as a test harness.